Having broken hair can be very frustrating. We are going to discuss the various ways to fix broken hair including broken hair treatments at your hairline and at your crown. Of course, if ignored, broken hair at your hairline and crown can lead to receding hairline and permanent hair loss.
Broken hair or consistent hair breakage, is a challenge to many women, especially the Africans and African Americans since they have the most fragile hair type prone to breakage. Unless they know how to handle such hair well as well as how to fix hair breakage, this problem can leave someone feeling hopeless and helpless. Imagine the feeling you get when you realize your hairbrush or comb has so much hair each time you comb it. Some people often start imaging it could be hair loss when they are just taking bad care of their hair. Therefore, what causes broken hair?
Table of Content
Causes of Broken Hair
If you are suffering from this problem, it is wise to know what actually causes it. Once you are certain, you will be able to choose from the many ways on how to fix broken hair, one that works swell for you. Some of the main causes include the following:
- Too much hair manipulation, styling, taut ponytails, buns, plaiting it tightly, etc can cause broken hair at the crown and hairline.
- The use of use of chemical straighteners, perms, relaxers, hair dyes and other harsh chemicals might weaken or make it vulnerable.
- Using hard water as well as shampoos that contain sulfates since sulfates will strip away all the natural fats in the hair leaving it dry and brittle.
- Some medical conditions such as bulimia and anorexia nervosa, hypothyroidism, among many others
- Hair pulling, wrong hair accessories, exposure to too much sunlight, and excessive stress
These are some of the main causes of broken hair. There are other causes you deserve to know, most of which we have covered comprehensively on causes of hair breakages.
How to Repair or Fix Broken Hair – How to Fix Hair Breakage
If you suffering from this problem, whether it is broken crown hair, at your hairline or you simply have dry broken hair, you need to know how to treat broken hair effectively. We have already covered ways to prevent, stop and treat this problem. We even went a mile further to give you some of the best natural remedies for broken hair. However, for the sake of this discussion, we will quickly mention ways on how to how to grow broken hair or treat it.
How to Prevent Breakage – The first way to fix broken hair is to stop it from breaking. Some of the recommended ways is to moisturize it adequately, use silk pillows, use detangle leave in products (especially for African Americans), trim split ends, do not brush it is while wet, use natural products, and avoid taut hairstyles.
These are preventive approaches aimed at ensuring it does not occur. If you follow them, you will need not to struggle trying to fix hair breakage, as it will hardly be breaking.
How to Stop Breakage – If you want to stop breakage, try managing stress, have a balanced diet (and supplements), don’t mess your hormones, change your hairstyling to a safe one, reduce hot processing such as dryers, curling and flat irons, stop using harsh chemicals such as dyes, bleaches, relaxers, etc.
How to treat breakage – If you have decided to try broken hair treatments, they include over the counter medication such as Retin-A and Rogaine, protein treatment, use of breakage treatment products including shampoos and conditioners, and getting assistance of a professional.
These treatments are supposed to help repair broken hair and heal it completely. You have to couple them with proper hair care, and ways stopping and preventing breakage we have looked at.
Natural Remedies for Broken Hair – These are at home approaches that can fix hair breakage that are cost effective. Some of the common ones include hot essential oil treatments, egg treatment, onion juice, baking soda, coconut milk and oil, etc.
If you want to fix broken hair at the crown or broken hair at hairline, you need to know what causes it and deal with the cause. To get more details on each of the points mentioned, especially on how to fix hair breakage at home or simply home remedies for broken hair, visit each of the articles below since they will be extremely important.
Further Suggested Readings
- Which Are the Best Home Remedies for Hair Breakage?
- What Are the Best Ways of Preventing Hair Breakage Menace?
- Best Hair Breakage Treatments – How to Fix or Repair Breaking Hair
- Natural Hair Breakage – Causes, Prevention and How to Stop Natural Hair Breaking
- Hair Breakage – Meaning, Best Products and African American Hair Breaking
- How do You Stop Hair Breakages Including Severe, Extreme and African American?
- What Causes Hair Breakages – Black, Crown Hair, Reasons for Breaking Hair
- Best and Latest Receding Hairline Haircuts and Hairstyles for Men and Women
- Receding Hairline – Ways to Prevent, Regrow and Stop Receding Hairline
- Receding Hairline Treatment, Cures and How to Regrow Receding Hair
- Receding Hair in Women Causes, Treatment, Home Remedies and How to Hide It
- Receding Hairline in Men & Teenagers – Meaning, Causes and Signs
- Best Conditioner for Damaged Hair – Leave-in, Deep, Intense and Drugstore
- Best Heat Damaged Hair Repair Treatments and Fixes
- Best Hair Masks for Damaged Hair Including Homemade
- Best Treatments for Damaged Hair – Shampoos, Conditioners & Serums
- Home Remedies for Damaged Hair – Olive, Egg, Almond & Lemon
- Dry Hair Causes – Dry Brittle, Extremely, Dry Damaged and Dry Ends
- Dry Brittle Hair- Causes, How to Treat & Home Remedies
I hope the above ways on how to treat and how to grow broken hair has been of much help. I also hope that next time your friend has broken off hair; you will be able to assist him or her.